I brought home my first dog a few weeks ago, and within days, I was completely smitten with her. I’d do anything for her — and I have to say, I finally understand the appeal of a pet food delivery service.
Finding the right meal delivery services for your dog or cat can be challenging, to say the least, as there are so many meal delivery options to choose from and so many opinions on the “best way” to optimize the nutrition, ingredients, and vitamins and minerals for both dogs and cats. Do you choose grain-free dog food, raw dog food, homemade dog food, or plain old dry dog food? If you’re struggling to find pet food that fits your fur baby’s needs (or if you’re just sick of driving back and forth to the pet store every week), you might be interested in one of these options for pet food delivery services, which bring healthy, fresh food right to your door.
- Spot and Tango: Fresh dog food delivery, small-batch and ready-to-serve
- NomNomNow: Fresh, preportioned meals for dogs and cats
- Pet Plate: Ready-to-serve meals for dogs
- Chewy: Autoshipping and unbeatable customer service
- Farmer’s Dog: Human-grade food, tailored to your individual dog
- Smalls: Freshly cooked food for cats
- PetFlow: Autoshipping on your pet’s favorite foods
- Ollie: Meal plans tailored to individual dogs
- Barkbox: Monthly themed collections of toys and treats for your dog
- Super Chewer: Barkbox for dogs that are tough on toys
- Bully Bundles: Monthly delivery of low-odor bully sticks
- PupJoy: Healthy treats and toys delivered each month
Note CNET may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Gary Gerard Otten/Spot and TangoIf you’re all about farm-to-table food and the health and well-being of your dog, Spot and Tango might be a perfect pick when it comes to food for dogs. The human-grade dog food is made from locally farmed fresh ingredients in New York, in small batches with no artificial additives, preservatives or fillers. The fresh dog food delivery recipes are formulated by veterinary nutritionists and come in preportioned packages (determined by your dog’s age, weight and lifestyle) that are vacuum-sealed for freshness. The dog food arrives frozen and just needs to be defrosted before serving. You’ll get 50% off your first order and have a two-week trial period to test it out. If you decide to cancel in that time period, you’ll get your money back.
Frequency and pricing: Weekly delivery; $2 per meal and up, depending on your dog’s age, weight and breed. You can snag 60% off your first box with promo code CNET60.
It’s pretty universally accepted that fresh food is better for you than processed food and many pet owners believe the same holds true for pet food. If you prefer to feed your furry friends fresh-made meals, NomNomNow will be your saving grace, as they’ll send you perfectly portioned, fresh pet food made from restaurant-quality ingredients and tailored to your pet’s size, age and weight. They currently offer four recipes for dogs and two for cats, as well as supplements and treats.
Frequency and pricing: Weekly, biweekly or monthly deliveries; $96 to $328 per month for dogs, depending on dog size, and $245 to $256 per month for cats……..Read More>>